Life Group Leader Role Description
Life Group Leaders serve Christ at our church by planning, organizing, promoting, and leading a Life Group according to the church’s requirements each week during two semesters per year. Life Group Leaders may choose to lead a group for only one semester.
Life Group Leaders must be active members of Crowfield Baptist Church in good standing. Men may lead men’s groups and coed groups; women may lead women’s groups.
- Life Group Leaders must indicate to our ministerial staff that they are in doctrinal agreement with The Baptist Faith and Message (2000 edition), which is the official belief statement of the Southern Baptist Convention, with which our church is affiliated. You may obtain a copy of The Baptist Faith and Message from our Church Office, or go to https://bfm.sbc.net/bfm2000/.
- Submit your completed copy of the Life Group Leader Application Form to our Church Office at least one month prior to the beginning of each semester.
- Select your teaching material and submit it to our ministerial staff for approval at least three weeks prior to the beginning of each semester. If you choose material owned by our church or produced by Lifeway, you do not need to submit it for approval. Seek guidance from our Ministerial Staff on selecting teaching topics, studies, and material as necessary.
- Invite CBC members, guests, and prospects that you may know of, including friends, neighbors, workplace employees, etc. to attend your group.
- Please arrive at your group’s Host Home for each session at least 15 minutes prior to its start time prepared to lead the session.
- Notify the Church Office of non-confidential crises/needs of your group members, including sicknesses and hospitalizations.
- Limit your teaching time during each session as necessary to allow for fellowship among attendees and prayer time.
- Encourage participation and interaction by attendees during each lesson.
- Share the gospel with attendees who are unbelievers when appropriate.
- Notify our Church Office of group meeting cancellations, etc.
- Submit a Life Group Meeting Report to the Church Office within one day after each session.